While I was so sick, my darling little Sulei boy, my white Siamese, somehow got hold of a mouse who had eaten DeCon, and sustained severe arsenic poisoning. I had to dropper feed him for 3 weeks; he relapsed twice and almost died 4 times, but he fought a valient fight to stay alive.
On Friday, after fighting for his life for 5 long weeks, he woke up with his back legs paralized (sp?). It was obvious his heart was failing and he was in a lot of pain as well as very confused. I called a wonderful friend of mine who came and put him to sleep for me. Almost broke my heart. He really did try hard to recover.
Losing an animal is almost as bad as losing a child. To an Elder like myself, who is handicapped, it is particularly heart rending. My two cats, Sulei and Lilyrose, supply me with the touch and unconditional love that I need to stay healthy and optimistic at my age. I'm a very tactile person and cats fulfill my needs there. I have no one who hugs me on a regular basis and my cats fill that void. It's very difficult to lose one and leaves a void for a while that is hard to fill.
I was so proud of the way Sulei fought to overcome the poison. He had such a strong spirit and was such an inspiration. Live long and well in the Summerland, Suleiman. Chase butterflies, watch fish swim, sleep in the shade and enjoy all that is available to you. You filled my heart and my life with joy and so much laughter. I will miss you coming in to tell me all the news of the neighborhood and what all the kitties in the neighborhood were doing. You were such a sweet gossip. I'll miss you greatly. Of course, Lilyrose misses you, but she is loving being the "only" kittie now, the blue eyed wench!